Almost 5 months after Moscow’s invasion, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy suspended the nation’s safety chief and high prosecutor, saying they did not purge Russian spies from their organizations.
* A Russian shell smashed right into a two-story constructing within the japanese Ukrainian city of Toretsk on Monday, killing six civilians who have been sheltering there, the State Emergency Service stated.
* Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu ordered generals to prioritize destroying Ukraine’s long-range missile and artillery weapons after Western-supplied weapons have been used to strike Russian provide traces.
* British army intelligence stated Russia has used the non-public army contractor Wagner to bolster its frontline forces within the Ukraine battle.
* Russia’s protection ministry stated its plane had shot down a Ukrainian MI-17 helicopter close to the japanese city of Sloviansk and an SU-25 plane within the Kharkiv area.
Reuters couldn’t independently confirm the battlefield accounts.
* Russia’s Gazprom has instructed prospects in Europe it can’t assure fuel provides due to “extraordinary” circumstances, in accordance with a letter seen by Reuters.
Dated July 14, the letter from the Russian state fuel monopoly, stated it was declaring pressure majeure on provides, ranging from June 14.
* Overseas allies want to extend their monetary help for Ukraine to assist the nation keep monetary stability in the course of the conflict with Russia, an adviser to the Ukrainian presidential workplace stated.
* Officers from Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and the United Nations will most probably meet this week to debate resuming Ukraine’s Black Sea grain exports, Turkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar stated.
* Dozens of relations and native residents on Sunday attended the funeral of 4-year-old Liza Dmytrieva, considered one of 24 individuals killed in a Russian missile strike within the metropolis of Vinnytsia final week.
* Russian impartial TV station Dozhd (TV Rain) resumed broadcasting on Monday from overseas after being pressured to close its Moscow studio following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
* EU international ministers agree one other 500 million euros ($504 million) of funding to provide arms to Ukraine, taking the bloc’s safety help to 2.5 billion euros since Russia’s invasion started.
* Russian President Vladimir Putin visits Tehran on Tuesday for a gathering with Supreme Chief Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the primary journey by the Kremlin chief exterior the previous Soviet Union because the invasion of Ukraine. (Compiled by Cynthia Osterman)
Monetary Publish Prime Tales
Signal as much as obtain the each day high tales from the Monetary Publish, a division of Postmedia Community Inc.
By clicking on the enroll button you consent to obtain the above publication from Postmedia Community Inc. You could unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe hyperlink on the backside of our emails. Postmedia Community Inc. | 365 Bloor Road East, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3L4 | 416-383-2300